Primoris, www.prim.com – the 65-year veteran specialty contractor and infrastructure development company, announced the appointment of Dr. Roberto Ruiz to head up wholly-owned PRIM subsidiary OnQuest, Inc., as President and COO.
Dr. Ruiz, widely hailed as a leader in the field of industrial technology, with 25 years experience in a variety of key positions, joined OnQuest late last year in November, and succeeds founder David J. Baker, who nurtured the company to fruition since its inception in 2002 and is now at PRIM as a senior advisor to the OnQuest management team, as of Jan. 1, this year.
OnQuest has rapidly grown to become a top provider of custom design and engineering for combustion technology-based operations like process plants, petrochemical refineries and direct-fired furnaces, as well as clean-air, NOx technologies and burner management systems, also offering turn-key project management for construction.
OnQuest currently has three more offices, in addition to the HQ in San Dimas, CA, including the Born Canada operating subsidiary in Calgary, Alberta, and sales/project management offices stateside in Houston and Pittsburg.
Dr. Ruiz brings a long and unparalleled track record to OnQuest:
• Former VP at John Zink Company as of 1997, where he initially led technology and commercial development, later acting as business head for the process burner group
• Various direct works in everything from process design and environmental controls to fuels, gas separation, fluid mechanics, heat separation and advanced diagnostics
• Managerial roles covering the gamut from aforementioned commercial development to strategic planning for the oil and gas industry and more complex international operations as well
• Prior to 1997, Dr. Ruiz worked closely with the Gas Research Institute, as well as Air Liquide, handling commercial management of the gas separation businesses
• M.S. and Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, University of Minnesota
• B.S. in engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
• MBA, University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
Let us hear your thoughts below: