- Patented stereoscopic vision technology developed for driver assistance and accident prevention
- Innovative cell phone-based system, Eye-Net, requires no additional hardware
- Foresight well positioned to leverage the world’s largest car manufacturing market in China
Based in Israel, Foresight Autonomous Holdings Ltd. (NASDAQ: FRSX) specializes in driver assistance technology. The company was founded in 2015, and it is focused on the design, development and commercialization of detection technology for autonomous driving through its wholly owned subsidiary, Foresight Automotive Ltd. The company’s powerful, patented stereoscopic field-proven technology has been deployed throughout the world for almost 20 years. This technology uses advanced algorithms that integrate 3D video analysis for image processing and sensor fusion.
Foresight’s innovative autonomous driving solutions are based on stereoscopic image technology. This is a concept that uses two synchronized cameras to mimic human depth perception and produce a three-dimensional view. This 3D image can anticipate possible collisions with other vehicles, cyclists, pedestrians and other obstacle. The technology provides highly accurate real-time alerts.
The company’s patents provide IP protection for its robust and proven proprietary stereoscopic technology, which was developed using the security technology of Foresight’s major shareholder, Magna B.S.P. Driver assistance solutions include the use of a two-camera layout suitable for visible lighting conditions and a four-camera layout that is effective at any time of day, in all weather and lighting conditions.
Foresight has developed three main products:
- QuadSight™. This breakthrough detection system sets the bar for autonomous vehicle vision. It features nearly 100 percent obstacle detection with almost zero false alerts and operates optimally under all weather and lighting conditions, including darkness, rain, fog, haze and glare.
QuadSight™ is the first quad-camera multi-spectral vision solution of its kind. It is driven by advanced and proven image processing algorithms. The system consists of two sets of stereoscopic infra-red and visible-light cameras that enable highly accurate and reliable obstacle detection.
- Eyes-On™. This solution uses advanced algorithms for accurate depth analysis and obstacle detection to provide a unique stereo vision Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS).
It can detect all potential obstacles, including other vehicles, cyclists, pedestrians and animals. It has an accuracy and reliability of almost 100 percent and near zero false alerts.
- Eye-Net™. This is a cellular-based accident prevention solution that is designed to provide real-time pre-collision alerts to vehicles and pedestrians. This proprietary system is deployed on smartphones and cloud-based servers operating on existing cellular networks, and it eliminates the need for additional designated hardware.
Eye-Net™ is designed to provide a complementary layer of protection to advanced driver assistance systems and extends this protection to road users who are not in direct line of sight. It is optimally designed for both urban environments and high-speed scenarios to provide protection for the most vulnerable road users.
On March 28, 2018, Foresight announced that it had completed a successful trial of its Eye-Net™ accident prevention solution (http://ibn.fm/4HLWz). One hundred and twenty users of Android and iOS cell phones across Israel participated in the trial, which marked the completion of the system’s feasibility study.
With a market cap of just over $67 million, Foresight ended the fourth quarter of 2017 with $21.8 million in cash and short-term deposits, and it is well positioned to commercialize its life-saving automotive vision solutions and leverage the world’s largest vehicle manufacturing market in China.
In a news release, the company’s CEO, Haim Siboni, said, “Most recently, our innovative QuadSight™ vision system drew a tremendous amount of attention at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. We have also seen considerable progress in China, as Foresight concluded pilot programs with multiple leading Chinese car manufacturers during 2017. In the coming year, we will continue to leverage our industry-leading technology through pilot tests and commercial partnerships, leading us to long-term success.”
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ForesightAuto.com
MissionIR is primarily focused on strategic communications. We have executed countless communications programs to address the needs of companies ranging from start-ups to established industry leaders, gaining valuable experience and the expertise necessary to determine the most effective strategy for any given situation.
For more information, visit www.MissionIR.com